2019 Congress Meeting
La Cantera Resort & Spa
San Antonio, TX
A written notice of cancellation must be received by June 14,2019 in order to receive a refund. Cancellations received prior to this date will be honored minus a $75 administration fee. Refunds will not be honored after June 14, 2019. Telephone cancellations cannot be accepted. Cancellation refunds will be processed within 30 days after the conclusion of the Conference.
By registering for the 2019 ASPC Congress, attendee understands and agrees that attendee’s name, city, and state may be shared with other attendees and exhibitors. By allowing an exhibitor to scan the conference badge, attendee understands, agrees and consents to the sharing of attendee’s contact information with the company that scanned the conference badge.
By registering for this Conference, I also give ASPC the right to publish all photos, videos, etc. taken at this Conference.
La Cantera Resort & Spa
16641 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78256
Room Rate: $279 plus tax; $16 daily resort fee
For Reservation Call 201-558-6500 and reference the ASPC 2019 Congress or block code ASPO719A or click here to make your reservation online.
Situated atop one the highest points in all of San Antonio, La Cantera resort has it all! This 4-star resort has fabulous dining, there are over 8 restaurants onsite, an award-winning spa and 4 amazing swimming pools, including a kids pool and splash area for toddler, and even a shopping center onsite. Enjoy the serene landscape and get you your steps in on the jogging trail. Planning on bringing the family, There are many activities for kids to participate in onsite including a kids pool and splash pad, a kids club camp, and an arcade. Looking to adventure out, jump on the complimentary shuttle to San Antonio Sea World or Six Flags Fiesta Texas located right outside the gates of La Cantera.
The 2019 ASPC Abstract Committee invites the submission of abstracts to be
presented at the 2019 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention July 17-19,
2019, at La Cantera Resort and Spa in San Antonio, TX. Submitted abstracts will be
considered for the poster hall and the top three Young Investigator abstracts with be
picked for an oral presentation during the abstract session at the meeting.
All abstracts must be submitted online via the ASPC abstract submission website using
the online submission form. Please be sure to read all instructions, information, and
Abstract Submission Deadline
Friday, April 5, 2019
5:00 p.m. EST
Abstract Acceptance Notification
Friday, May 10, 2019
Presenting Author Registration Deadline for CVD Prevention Conference
Friday, June 7, 2019
ASPC Young Investigator Awards
Young Investigators (in training students, residents, and fellows or members in practice
for <5 years) will have the chance to compete for the ASPC's Young Investigator Award.
Cash prizes of $750, $500, and $250 will be presented to the top three Young Investigator Winners. In addition, the top three Young Investigator abstracts with be selected for an oral presentation.
If you are the recipient of one of our Young Investigator Awards, you are required to
register and attend the 2019 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, as well
as attend all abstract-related responsibilities. These responsibilities include hanging
your poster in the Poster Hall, standing by your poster in the poster hall during the
designated times, as well as attend the oral presentation session. If you fail to attend these events, your prize and travel money could be revoked and you could be blacklisted from future abstract awards.
All accepted abstracts will be displayed in the Poster Hall.
The ASPC Abstract Committee will select three Young Investigator abstracts to be
presented during the oral abstract session on Saturday, July 18, 2019. Authors will have 20-minutes to present their research (15 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions and answers).
Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the submission instructions below before preparing your abstract:
1. Read the General Information and Policies for the submission of an abstract.
2. Write your abstract, following the Abstract Guidelines.
3. Select a Topic that best relates to your abstract.
4. Review the Acceptance and Presentation Process for abstracts.
5. Submit your abstract through the Online Abstract Submission Form button.
6. Register to attend the 2019 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention (ASPC staff will contact you with a meeting registration form to register for the meeting if your abstract has been approved).
General Information and Policies
- Please note that if you do not mark your abstract as complete and make a FINAL submission, it will NOT be considered. Take note of any deadlines under the appropriate call for abstracts and be sure to complete the process before that date.
- Do not CREATE your abstract in the submission system, but rather create your
abstract in a separate Word document and COPY and PASTE it into the abstract
submission system. This way, you will not have lost your abstract in the event of
disconnection from the Internet, etc. Be sure to check for errors when pasting.
Certain special characters may be changed by the browser.
- The lead author must register for the 2019 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease
Prevention to ensure his or her abstract(s) are included in onsite materials.
Deadline for author registration is Friday, June 7, 2019. Lead authors MUST BE
registrants at the ASPC Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention.
Authors who are not members of the ASPC must pay the non-member
registration fee or can apply for membership here. Young Investigator lead
authors with accepted abstracts will receive complimentary registration to the
- To submit an abstract, all of the authors listed on the abstract must approve the
final version. In addition, each author listed on the abstract should have made a
substantial contribution to it, such as 1) contributing to the conception and design
of the study and the acquisition of data; 2) analysis and interpretation of the data;
and/or 3) drafting the poster and/or revising it critically for important intellectual content. Full disclosures must be provided for each author. These requirements are taken seriously by ASPC and any failure to fully comply with these requirements may result in an abstract being withdrawn from the ASPC abstracts program.
- It is the responsibility of the lead author to ensure that his or her abstract is
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the appointed ASPC Abstracts Review Committee
- Faxed, emailed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on a CD/disc WILL NOT be accepted. If you are unable to submit via the website, please contact the ASPC Annual Meeting Staff:
Contact: Maggie Kincaid
The ASPC will not be responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages, or unforeseen events.
Abstracts for poster entries submitted for competition can only be accepted
electronically and must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts are limited to 350 words. (Word count excludes the abstract title,
author names, and affiliations.)
- Abstracts must be divided into sections: Title, Background/Synopsis,
Objectives/Purpose, Design/Methods, Results, and Conclusion that states the
importance and potential implications of the observations.
- Abstracts must be proofread carefully to avoid errors before submission.
- Abstracts must contain generic drug names only.
- Abstracts must be submitted in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling
of a quality suitable for publication.
- Lead and secondary authors must disclose all financial relationships.
- Any funding support for the research must be disclosed.
- Encore research is eligible for submission but the original date and location of
presentation of the research must be disclosed in the application.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an
audience. Below you will find a checklist for abstract preparation. All abstracts are considered equally for selection, and the quality of the abstract is the single most important factor in the Committee's decision.
You will be asked for the following:
- Background/Synopsis - A concise description of your subject matter and prior
work in this area.
- Objective/Purpose - The question your material answers or the hypothesis that it
- Methods - The experimental design or technique employed.
- Results - Outcomes & measurements, with statistical significance, if appropriate.
- Conclusion - Conclusions, clinical pertinence, and value or for Workshops and
Presentations, the prevailing point of view.
- Proofread - Make sure to proofread your abstract. Misspellings and typographical
errors reflect badly on your scientific work. Prepare to substitute plain text for
special characters as these characters may not be rendered reliably (i.e., plus or
minus for ±, alpha for a etc.)
- Authors - For each author you must provide first and last name, city and state as
well as preliminary financial disclosure information. If you would like to be
considered for oral presentation, the Primary Author should also upload a brief
paragraph describing their qualifications in the chosen subject area and/or a CV.
- Supplemental Materials - Supplementary materials (figures, tables, illustrations)
will not be published along with abstracts on the CLC website. If you do have
supporting materials, we will include a link to them in the published abstract, but
they will be housed on the ASPC website for view.
Abstract Submission Topics
To ensure your abstract receives proper consideration, the abstract must relate to an
appropriate topic in the field of Cardiology and cardiovascular disease prevention.
Abstract authors will be required to indicate which topic BEST matches the content of
their abstract. Topics for the 2019 ASPC Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention are:
- ASCVD/CVD Risk Factors
- ASCVD/CVD Risk Assessment
- ASCVD /CVD Risk Reduction
- CVD Prevention – Primary and Secondary
- Preventive Cardiology Best Practices – clinic operations, team approaches, outcomes research
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Kidney Disease
- Novel Biomarkers
- Pharmacologic Therapy
- ASCD/CVD in Women
- ASCVD/CVD in Special Populations
- Heart Failure
- Ischemic Stroke
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Alterative and Complimentary Approaches
If you do not see an appropriate topic listed above that best relates to your abstract,
please contact the ASPC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904-233-0282.
Acceptance and Presentation Process
Abstract grading is blinded and abstracts are pre-screened and selected by ASPC
judges on the basis of quality and merit. You will be notified by Friday, May 10, 2019 if your poster is accepted. All lead poster authors are required to register for the 2019 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention July 19-21, 2019, at La Cantera Resort to field questions from ASPC meeting attendees.
*Expenses related to airfare, lodging, and social events/guest fees are the responsibility
of the presenter. Special programs may be available for trainees, fellows, and young
investigators — see Young Investigator Award.
Poster guidelines will be provided to lead authors by May 17, 2019.
It is our pleasure to invite you to Exhibit at our 2019 Congress on CVD Prevention, held at the La Cantera Resort and Spa in San Antonio, TX, the 2019 Annual Meeting is your opportunity to interact and market your product, device or service to the Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, Primary Care Physicians, PhD researchers, . and clinical team affiliates, from an array of disciplines including nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and dietitians, in a uniquely intimate educational setting. We are proud to showcase not only an agenda led by distinguished faculty who are leaders in the preventive space, but a lively exhibit hall to act as a home-base for our attendees. On behalf of our board of directors and the members we serve, we look forward to seeing you in 2019.
For additional Sponsorship opportunities or Product Theater opportunities contact Maggie Kincaid.
Phone: (904) 233-0282
Host A Symposium
The American Society for Preventive Cardiology (ASPC) has established that independently developed CME/CE certified satellite symposia held in conjunction with the scientific meetings of the ASPC are valuable opportunities to provide continuing education for our members and meeting participants. In this regard, we are pleased to offer satellite symposia slots in conjunction with our 2019 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention.
Satellite symposia can be non-CME or CME sessions that address educational needs and performance gaps that complement the ASPC Congress scientific program agenda. The following guidelines provide important information regarding holding a Satellite Symposium at the 2019 Congress. Please contact the ASPC if you have any questions.
May 15, 2019
2019 Promotional Partners