2018 Congress Meeting
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa
SANTA ANA PUEBLO, NM
The American Society for Preventive Cardiology (ASPC) is on the move to embrace our growing national membership by changing the location of the 2018 Congress on CVD Prevention to beautiful New Mexico.
The ASPC is also bringing the 2018 Congress back to the month of July to align better with attendees’ schedules. We encourage you to come along for the ride as the ASPC soars to new heights.
The ASPC's 2018 Congress on CVD Prevention being held at the stunning Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort on the Rio Grande will feature innovative education, ground-breaking science and interactive discussions with top prevention experts. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with faculty and peers, and will leave with practical and useful information to use in clinical practice.
Reasons to Attend:
- Review the latest advances, current trends and innovative therapies
- Cutting-edge evidence-based lectures
- Scientific abstracts and expanded poster hall
- Meet and learn from nationally known faculty
- Pre-congress advanced course on preventive cardiology
- Earn CME/CE credits
A written notice of cancellation must be received by June 27, 2018 in order to receive a refund. Cancellations received prior to this date will be honored minus a $75 administration fee. Refunds will not be honored after June 27, 2018. Telephone cancellations cannot be accepted. Cancellation refunds will be processed within 30 days after the conclusion of the Conference.
By registering for the 2018 ASPC Congress, attendee understands and agrees that attendee’s name, city, and state may be shared with other attendees and exhibitors. By allowing an exhibitor to scan the conference badge, attendee understands, agrees and consents to the sharing of attendee’s contact information with the company that scanned the conference badge.
By registering for this Conference, I also give ASPC the right to publish all photos, videos, etc. taken at this Conference.
This information is still being developed by our faculty and will be posted here when available.
Amit Khera, MD, MSc, FASPC
Director, Preventive Cardiology
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Peter P. Toth, MD, PhD, FASPC
Preventive Cardiology Experts Course Chair
Director, Preventative Cardiology
CGH Medical Center
Professor, Clinical Family and Community Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
East Lansing, MI
Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa
1300 Tuyuna Trail
Bernalillo, NM 87004
Join us at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa from July 27-29, 2018, and enjoy the stunning Southwestern beauty of New Mexico. Nestled on 550 acres of the Native American Santa Ana Pueblo, the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa is the perfect home base to explore Santa Fe and Albuquerque. At Tamaya, you can relax and indulge yourself at the award-winning Tamaya Mist Spa and Salon, hit the links at the championship Twin Warriors golf course, or take a horseback ride on a rescue horse at the Stables at Tamaya. A 10% discount is being offered at the Spa and Salon, as well as, trail rides at the Stables. A 15% discount is being offered for Green Fees at the Twin Warriors golf course.
Congress attendees receive discounted room reservations starting at $199 per night, exclusive of state and local taxes, and resort fees have been waived. Reservations are available until the cutoff date of July 5, 2018 or until the room block is full. To make your hotel reservations online click hereor
call 505-867-1234 and reference the 2018 ASPC CVD Conference. Complimentary self-parking, a 24 hour fitness center and guestroom internet are also provided.
The 2018 ASPC Abstract Committee invites the submission of abstracts to be presented at the 2017 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention July 27-29, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa. Submitted abstracts will be considered for the poster hall and the top three Young Investigator abstracts with be picked for an oral presentation during the abstract session at the meeting.
All abstracts must be submitted online via the ASPC abstract submission website using the online submission form. Please be sure to read all instructions, information, and policies closely.
Abstract Submission Deadline
Monday, April 9, 2018
5:00 p.m. EST
Abstract Acceptance Notification
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Presenting Author Registration Deadline for CVD Prevention Conference
Friday, June 15, 2018
ASPC Young Investigator Awards
Young Investigators (in training students, residents, and fellows or members in practice for <5 years) will have the chance to compete for the ASPC's Young Investigator Award. Cash prizes of $750, $500, and $250 will be presented to the top three Young Investigator Winners. In addition, the top three Young Investigator abstracts with be selected for an oral presentation.
If you are the recipient of one of our Young Investigator Awards, you are required to register and attend the 2017 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, as well as attend all abstract-related responsibilities. These responsibilities include hanging your poster in the Poster Hall, standing by your poster in the poster hall during the designated time, as well as attend the oral presentation session. If you fail to attend these events, your prize and travel money could be revoked and you could be blacklisted from future abstract awards.
All accepted abstracts will be displayed in the Poster Hall.
The ASPC Abstract Committee will select three Young Investigator abstracts to be presented during the oral abstract session on Saturday, July 28, 2018. Authors will have 20 minutes to present their research (15 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions and answers).
Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the submission instructions below before preparing your abstract:
- Read the General Information and Policies for the submission of an abstract.
- Write your abstract, following the Abstract Guidelines.
- Select a Topic that best relates to your abstract.
- Review the Acceptance and Presentation Process for abstracts.
- Submit your abstract through the Online Abstract Submission Form button.
- Register to attend the 2018 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention (ASPC staff will contact you with a meeting registration form to register for the meeting if your abstract has been approved).
General Information and Policies
- You may complete your abstract submission over multiple sessions. As you will see, there will be a point in the process when you MUST finalize your abstract and make a FINAL submission. Please note that if you do not mark your abstract as complete and make a FINAL submission, it will NOT be considered. Take note of any deadlines under the appropriate call for abstracts and be sure to complete the process before that date.
- Do not CREATE your abstract in the submission system, but rather create your abstract in a separate Word document and COPY and PASTE it into the abstract submission system. This way, you will not have lost your abstract in the event of disconnection from the Internet, etc. Be sure to check for errors when pasting. Certain special characters may be changed by the browser.
- If you are currently a member of the ASPC, we will prefill your address information for you in the online submission form based on your current aspconline.org account information profile. Note that changes made here will apply to your abstract only and WILL NOT BE APPLIED to your ASPC member record or aspconline.org account.
- The lead author must register for the 2018 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention to ensure his or her abstract(s) are included in onsite materials. Deadline for author registration is Friday, June 15, 2018. Lead authors MUST BE registrants at the ASPC Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention. Authors who are not members of the ASPC must pay the non-member registration fee or can apply for membership here. Young Investigator lead authors with accepted abstracts will receive complimentary registration to the Conference.
- To submit an abstract, all of the authors listed on the abstract must approve the final version. In addition, each author listed on the abstract should have made a substantial contribution to it, such as 1) contributing to the conception and design of the study and the acquisition of data; 2) analysis and interpretation of the data; and/or 3) drafting the poster and/or revising it critically for important intellectual content. Full disclosures must be provided for each author. These requirements are taken seriously by ASPC and any failure to fully comply with these requirements may result in an abstract being withdrawn from the ASPC abstracts program.
- It is the responsibility of the lead author to ensure that his or her abstract is submitted correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the appointed ASPC Abstracts Review Committee Member.
- Faxed, emailed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on a CD/disc WILL NOT be accepted. If you are unable to submit via the website, please contact the ASPC Annual Meeting Staff:
Contact: Stacy Manthos
The ASPC will not be responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages, or unforeseen events.
Abstracts for poster entries submitted for competition can only be accepted electronically and must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts are limited to 350 words. (Word count excludes the abstract title, author names, and affiliations.)
- Abstracts must be divided into sections: Title, Background/Synopsis, Objectives/Purpose, Design/Methods, Results, and Conclusion that states the importance and potential implications of the observations.
- Abstracts must be proofread carefully to avoid errors before submission.
- Abstracts must contain generic drug names only.
- Abstracts must be submitted in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- Lead and secondary authors must disclose all financial relationships.
- Any funding support for the research must be disclosed.
- Encore research is eligible for submission but the original date and location of presentation of the research must be disclosed in the application.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. Below you will find a checklist for abstract preparation. All abstracts are considered equally for selection, and the quality of the abstract is the single most important factor in the Committee's decision.
You will be asked for the following:
- Background/Synopsis - A concise description of your subject matter and prior work in this area.
- Objective/Purpose - The question your material answers or the hypothesis that it tests.
- Methods - The experimental design or technique employed.
- Results - Outcomes & measurements, with statistical significance, if appropriate
- Conclusion - Conclusions, clinical pertinence, and value or for Workshops and Presentations, the prevailing point of view.
- Proofread - Make sure to proofread your abstract. Misspellings and typographical errors reflect badly on your scientific work. Prepare to substitute plain text for special characters as these characters may not be rendered reliably (i.e., plus or minus for ±, alpha for a etc.)
- Authors - For each author you must provide first and last name, city and state as well as preliminary financial disclosure information. If you would like to be considered for oral presentation, the Primary Author should also upload a brief paragraph describing their qualifications in the chosen subject area and/or a CV.
- Supplemental Materials - Supplementary materials (figures, tables, illustrations) will not be published along with abstracts on the CLC website. If you do have supporting materials, we will include a link to them in the published abstract, but they will be housed on the ASPC website for view.
Abstract Submission Topics
To ensure your abstract receives proper consideration, the abstract must relate to an appropriate topic in the field of Cardiology and cardiovascular disease prevention. Abstract authors will be required to indicate which topic BEST matches the content of their abstract. Topics for the 2017 ASPC Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention are:
- ASCVD Risk Factors
- ASCVD Risk Assessment
- ASCVD Risk Reduction
- ASCVD Prevention – Primary and Secondary
- Preventive Cardiology Best Practices – clinic operations, team approaches, outcomes research
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Novel Biomarkers
- Pharmacologic Therapy
- ASCVD in Women
- ASCVD in Special Populations
- Heart Failure
- Ischemic Stroke
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Alterative and Complimentary Approaches
If you do not see an appropriate topic listed above that best relates to your abstract, please contact the ASPC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904-217-7407.
Acceptance and Presentation Process
Abstract grading is blinded and abstracts are pre-screened and selected by ASPC judges on the basis of quality and merit. You will be notified by Wednesday, May 9, 2018, if your poster is accepted. All lead poster authors are required to register for the 2018 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention July 27-29, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa to field questions from ASPC meeting attendees.
*Expenses related to airfare, lodging, and social events/guest fees are the responsibility of the presenter. Special programs may be available for trainees, fellows, and young investigators — see Young Investigator Award.
Poster guidelines will be provided to lead authors by May 9, 2018.
Held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa in Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico, the 2018 Annual Meeting is your opportunity to interact and market your product, device or service to the American Society for Preventive Cardiology's audience. As an exhibitor, increase your presence at this meeting by taking advantage of exhibitor-only sponsorship opportunities and showcase what your company has to offer. Sponsorships and exhibits are available in different levels to guarantee your company's maximum exposure.
The Exhibitor Prospectus will be available soon. For more information regarding exhibits and sponsorships, contact Stacy Manthos.
Phone: (904) 217-7407