The ASPC 2023 Congress on CVD Prevention will be held in-person at Live! by Loews in Arlington, TX from July 21-23! The 2023 scientific sessions emphasize inclusiveness and the care of one and all at risk for cardiovascular disease. The program provides cutting-edge lectures, lively debates, and practical applications. We will explore the broad spectrum of preventive cardiology led by world-renowned experts in the field.
Join us over the course of 2.5 days for innovative satellite symposia and product theaters presented by industry leaders throughout the weekend, as well as exciting new research in the Abstract Hall and opportunities for one-on-one conversations during the many exciting social activities!
- Scientific Sessions:
- Friday, July 21, 2023 | 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday, July 23, 2023 | 8:00am - 12:30pm
- Exhibit Hall Hours:
- Friday, July 21, 2023 | 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Expert Theaters:
- Friday, July 21, 2023 | 12:00 - 12:45pm
- Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 8:00 - 8:45am
- Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 12:00 - 12:45pm
- Satellite Symposia:
- Friday, July 21, 2023 | 7:30 - 9:30pm
- Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 7:30 - 9:30pm
- Social Events:
- Welcome Reception | Friday, July 21, 2023 | 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Sunrise Yoga on the Lawn | Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 6:45 - 7:30am
- FIT/Abstract Author Reception | Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Women in Preventive Cardiology Reception | Saturday, July 22, 2023 | 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Preventive Cardiology Experts Course
Wednesday, July 19 - Thursday, July 20, 2023 | Live by Loews Hotel | Arlington, TX
- Imaging MasterClass: Imaging Techniques to Assess Global CVD & CVD Risk
Thursday, July 20, 2023 | Live by Loews Hotel | Arlington, TX
The 2023 ASPC Abstract Committee invites the submission of abstracts to be presented at the 2023 ASPC Annual Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention July 21-23, 2023 at the Live by Loews Hotel in Arlington, TX. Submitted abstracts will be considered for the poster hall and accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Preventive Cardiology*.
*Previously published abstracts are excluded.
All abstracts must be submitted via the ASPC Abstract Submission Portal, accessible by clicking on “Submit Your Abstract” button above/below. You must utilize the 2023 ASPC Abstract Submission Template to submit your research in the Submission Portal. Please be sure to read all instructions, information, and policies closely.
Abstract Submission Deadline
April 1, 2023
Abstract Acceptance Notification
May 15, 2023
Accepted Author Registration Deadline for Annual Congress on CVD Prevention
June 12, 2023
ASPC Early Career Awards
Early Career (in training students, residents, and fellows or members in practice for <5 years) authors will have the chance to compete for the ASPC's Early Career Research Award. Cash prizes of $750, $500, and $250 will be presented to the top 3 Early Career Research Award authors who will present their research during the Early Career Abstract Session at the 2023 Annual Congress on CVD Prevention. Presenting Authors eligible for the Early Career Award must upload a CV with their submission.
If you are the selected to compete for our Early Career Research Awards, you are required to register and attend the 2023 Congress on CVD Prevention, as well as attend all abstract-related responsibilities. These responsibilities include hanging your poster in the Poster Hall, standing by your poster in the poster hall during the designated times, as well as attend the oral presentation session. If you fail to attend these events, your prize and/or travel money could be revoked, and you could be excluded from future abstract awards.
The Roger S. Blumenthal Travel Award for Early Career Abstract Research Award Winner
This Award will allow the 1st place Early Career Research Abstract Award Winner to travel and attend the ASPC Congress on CVD Prevention gratis and present their research on the main stage. The Roger S. Blumenthal Travel Award is named in honor of Dr. Roger Blumenthal, MD, FASPC, the Kenneth Jay Pollin Professor of Cardiology, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center of the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Baltimore, Maryland.
All accepted abstracts may be displayed in the Poster Hall. Poster production and display is the responsibility of the Author(s). Accepted authors must be registered for the 2023 ASPC Congress on CVD Prevention by June 12, 2023.
The ASPC Abstract Committee will up to five Early Career Abstract Research authors to present their oral abstract on Saturday, July 22, 2023. Authors will have 5 minutes to present their research.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the submission instructions below before preparing your abstract:
1. Read the General Information and Policies listed below for the submission of an abstract.
2. Download the 2023 Abstract Submission Template.
3. Write your abstract, following the Abstract Guidelines and following the format laid out within the Template.
4. Select a Topic that best relates to your abstract.
5. Review the Acceptance and Presentation Process for abstracts.
6. Submit your abstract through the Online Abstract Submission Form by uploading the 2023 Abstract Submission Template.
7. Register to attend the 2023 Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention (ASPC staff will contact the top presenting author with a complimentary meeting registration code to register for the meeting after your abstract has been accepted).
General Information and Policies
- Please only submit FINAL abstracts. Draft abstracts will NOT be considered. Take note of any deadlines under the appropriate call for abstracts and be sure to complete the process before that date.
- To submit an abstract, all the authors listed on the abstract must approve the final version. In addition, each author listed on the abstract should have made a substantial contribution to it, such as 1) contributing to the conception and design of the study and the acquisition of data; 2) analysis and interpretation of the data; and/or 3) drafting the poster and/or revising it critically for important intellectual content. Full disclosures must be provided for each author. These requirements are taken seriously by ASPC and any failure to fully comply with these requirements may result in an abstract being withdrawn from the ASPC abstracts program.
- It is the responsibility of the lead author to ensure that his or her abstract is submitted correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the appointed ASPC Abstracts Review Committee Member.
- Faxed, emailed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on a CD/disc WILL NOT be accepted. If you are unable to submit via the website, please contact the ASPC Annual Meeting
- One of the lead abstract authors are required to register for the 2023 Annual Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention no later than June 12, 2023 to ensure his or her abstract is included at the Conference.
The ASPC will not be responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages, or unforeseen events.
Abstracts for poster entries submitted for competition can only be accepted electronically and must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts are limited to 350 words. (Word count excludes the abstract title, author names, and affiliations.) Please include all authors names, credentials and affiliations.
- Abstracts must be divided into sections: Title, Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion that states the importance and potential implications of the observations.
- Abstracts must be proofread carefully to avoid errors before submission.
- Abstracts must contain generic drug names only.
- Abstracts must be submitted in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- All authors must disclose all relevant financial relationships.
- Any funding support for the research must be disclosed.
- The main research findings should not have been presented at another major scientific meeting prior to presentation at the ASPC Sessions.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. Below you will find a checklist for abstract preparation. All abstracts are considered equally for selection, and the quality of the abstract is the single most important factor in the Committee's decision.
Utilizing the 2023 Abstract Submission Template, please include the following information:
- Background - A concise description of your subject matter and prior work in this area.
- Methods - The experimental design or technique employed.
- Results - Outcomes & measurements, with statistical significance, if appropriate
- Conclusion - Conclusions, clinical pertinence, and value or for Workshops and Presentations, the prevailing point of view.
- Authors - For each author you must provide first and last name, city and state as well as preliminary financial disclosure information. If you would like to be considered for Early Career Research Award, the Primary/Presenting Author should also upload a brief paragraph describing their qualifications in the chosen subject area and/or a CV.
- Tables and Figures - Upload a table or figure that show results related to your research.
Abstract Submission Topics
To ensure your abstract receives proper consideration, the abstract must relate to an appropriate topic in the field of Cardiology and cardiovascular disease prevention. Abstract authors will be required to indicate which topic BEST matches the content of their abstract.
- ASCVD/CVD Risk Factors
- ASCVD/CVD Risk Assessment
- ASCVD /CVD Risk Reduction
- CVD Prevention – Primary and Secondary
- Preventive Cardiology Best Practices – clinic operations, team approaches, outcomes research
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Kidney Disease
- Novel Biomarkers
- Pharmacologic Therapy
- ASCD/CVD in Women
- ASCVD/CVD in Special Populations
- Heart Failure
- Ischemic Stroke
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Alternative and Complimentary Approaches
If you do not see an appropriate topic listed above that best relates to your abstract, please contact the ASPC office at email@example.com or call 813-600-9100.
Acceptance and Presentation Process
Abstract grading is blinded, and abstracts are pre-screened and selected by ASPC judges based on quality and merit. You will be notified no later than May 15, 2023 if your poster is accepted. All accepted abstract authors are required to register for the 2023 Annual Congress on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention July 21-23, 2023.
You will receive further instructions once your abstract has been accepted.
The Live! by Loews - Arlington, TX is home to the ASPC 2023 Congress on CVD Prevention! Bringing an upscale hospitality experience to Arlington’s Entertainment District, Live! by Loews – Arlington puts you at the center of all the action, with all the benefits of a stylish, modern retreat. Texas Live! is the recreation hub nestled among the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, the Texas Rangers’ Globe Life Field, and the Esports Stadium & Expo Center. This year's Congress host is perfect for families, sports fans, and anyone looking for the true meaning of Texan hospitality.
Live! by Loews
1600 E Randol Mill Road | Arlington, Texas 76011
Attendees of #ASPC2023 are eligible to book rooms at a group discounted rate of $269.99 + taxes and fees.
Please note when using the reservation link above, your dates will automatically be set to checking in July 21, and checking out July 23. To adjust your arrival and departure dates, please click on the dates at the top of the page.